At Gene Juarez, your best experience is always our highest mission, and now, we strive to continue that commitment with enhanced safety and re-opening protocols that will meet or exceed those outlined by our Governor.
Designed and approved by our in-house Medical Expert who lead the COVID-19 task forces for local hospitals, fortune 50 companies and the largest foundations in the world, we’ll be doing everything possible to ensure a safe and relaxing visit for you.
- Health checks
- Guests be will reminded of health requirements when they schedule their appointment, as part of their confirmation, 48 and 24 hours before coming in, at the door, and right before their service
- Any guest reporting and/or experiencing COVID-19 like symptoms will be politely asked to reschedule at a later date
- All employees will go through a health screening at the start of each shift, including a temperature check, and be sent home if experiencing any COVID-19 like symptoms
- All guests and employees experiencing symptoms will be asked to follow CDC guidelines regarding duration of self-isolation before coming back into the Salons & Spas
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- All GJ team members will be required to wear masks and some will be wearing face shields and gloves, depending upon service
- All service providers will wear a clean smock that is changed in between each guest
- Guests will be required to wear masks. If they arrive at the Salons & Spas without a mask, they will have the opportunity to purchase one from Gene Juarez.
- Social distancing
- Arrival – Guests will be asked to arrive no sooner than 5 minutes before the start of their appointment, and if required to wait, to do so outside or in their car if social distancing cannot be maintained in the lobby
- Service – We will be maintaining the recommended six feet distance between our guests during their service
- Departure – while self-service check out via mobile is preferred, floor stickers will encourage social distancing and there will be protective barriers at the front desk
- Greetings – We are training our employees on touchless greetings, avoiding hand shaking, hugs, and other non-essential contact
- Minimizing physical touch points
- Self-check-in and check-out will be available through the mobile app
- Cashless transactions will be available for payments and tips via credit card
- We will be closing our changing rooms, but guests will be offered freshly laundered capes to put over their clothing. Please wear clothing that will allow full access to your hair (e.g. no turtlenecks) and that you wouldn’t mind if our products got on them.
- We will be pausing our beverage services and removing magazines until further notice
- During services that require shampooing, towels will be placed over guests’ faces, per recommendations from health officials
- Air quality
- Our locations have professional HVAC systems that continuously filters and clean the air
- During Governor Inslee’s Phase 2, blow drying will not be allowed to prevent particles from circulating in the air
- Highest standards of sanitization
- All stations will be thoroughly disinfected before and each guest
- Our common area surfaces will be continuously disinfected throughout the day
- As always, service implements, will be disinfected between each guest
- We will be ensuring frequent and thorough hand-washing for everyone
- Our laundry personnel will change clothing in between handling dirty and clean laundry
- COVID-19 Supervisor
- Dedicated COVID-19 supervisor on site at all times to ensure all COVID-19 health and safety procedures are being followed
- Before reopening
- All salons and spas will be thoroughly cleaned by licensed sanitization professionals
- All linens will be rewashed
- Changes will be made within the salon protocol to support social distancing
We understand and prioritize the importance of health and wellbeing for all our guests, your families at home and our team members and will continue to ensure highest health and safety standards for all. Thank you again for your patience, loyalty and support as we are all in this together.
Please relax and enjoy your service!