At Gene Juarez, your best experience is always our highest mission, and now we strive to continue that commitment with enhanced safety and re-opening protocols that will meet or exceed those outlined by our Governor.
Designed and approved by our in-house Medical Expert who led the COVID-19 task forces for local hospitals, fortune 50 companies and the largest foundations in the world, we’ll be doing everything possible to ensure a safe and relaxing visit for you.
- Health checks
- Guests be will reminded of health requirements when they schedule their appointment, as part of their confirmation, 48 and 24 hours before coming in, at the door, and right before their service
- Any guest reporting and/or experiencing COVID-19 like symptoms will be politely asked to reschedule at a later date
- Guest temperatures will be checked upon entering the salon with contactless thermometers. No guest temperature information will be recorded, but guests with temperatures measuring above 100.4 F will be asked to reschedule to a later date
- All employees will go through a health screening at the start of each shift, including a temperature check, and be sent home if experiencing any COVID-19 like symptoms
- All guests and employees experiencing symptoms will be asked to follow CDC guidelines regarding duration of self-isolation before coming back into the Salons & Spas
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- All GJ team members will be required to wear masks and may be wearing face shields and gloves, depending upon service
- Guests will be required to wear masks. If they arrive at the Salons & Spas without a mask, they will have the opportunity to purchase one from Gene Juarez.
- If you need special accommodation for any of the appointment safety requirements, please contact us in advance of booking.
- Social distancing
- Arrival – Guests should arrive no sooner than 5 minutes before the start of their appointment, and if required to wait, should do so outside or in their car if social distancing cannot be maintained in the lobby
- Service – We maintain the recommended six feet distance between our guests during their service
- Departure – while self-service check out via mobile is preferred, floor stickers encourage social distancing and there will be protective barriers at the front desk
- Greetings – our employees are trained on touchless greetings, avoiding hand shaking, hugs, and other non-essential contact
- Minimizing physical touch points
- Self-check-in and check-out are available through the mobile app
- Cashless transactions are available for payments and tips via credit card
- Our changing rooms are closed, but guests will be offered freshly laundered capes to put over their clothing. Please wear clothing that will allow full access to your hair (e.g. no turtlenecks)
- We have paused our beverage services and removed waiting area magazines until further notice
- Air quality
- Our locations have professional HVAC systems that continuously filters and clean the air
- Spa treatment rooms are aired out for 15-30 minutes between guests, depending on service
- Highest standards of sanitization
- All stations are thoroughly disinfected between guests
- Our common area surfaces are routinely disinfected throughout the day
- As always, service implements are disinfected between guests
- We ensure frequent and thorough hand-washing for everyone
- COVID-19 Supervisor
- Dedicated COVID-19 supervisor on site at all times to ensure all COVID-19 health and safety procedures are followed
- Massage Service Protocol
- Massage services are restricted to 60 minutes and to the following categories: Relaxation, Therapeutic, CBD Massage, Maternity and Reflexology
- Guests will wear masks for the duration of the service, keeping nose and mouth properly covered at all times
- Massage therapists will wear enhanced PPE, including KN95 masks, a new apron per service, and may choose to also wear a face shield during the service
- Sanitation and disinfection practices include extra time between services for cleaning and room ventilation, bed sheet and blanket changes, and additional hand and respiratory hygiene practices
- Dressing suites, showers, relaxation rooms (foot soak) and beverage service are closed until further notice
We understand and prioritize the importance of health and well being for all our guests, your families at home and our team members and will continue to ensure highest health and safety standards for all. Thank you again for your patience, loyalty and support as we are all in this together.
Please relax and enjoy your service!